Learn About Our Project:
After selling over 1 million of our original coins, the creators of The Best Damn Gaming Coins Ever are excited to present SEVEN new thematic sets to give your games the flavorful personality and integration you deserve, along with our new modular approach to set creation - PiecePacks!
CAMPAIGN ADDITION: Famous Women of History Paper Money Just Unlocked!
We've learned a lot since our first coins campaign. And we know that there is no "one size fits all" package for everyone. So we're not going to offer you just one package... we're giving you several!
Provided here first to our loyal Kickstarter backers, The Best Damn Gaming Coins Ever are now available in THREE modular and fully integrated options:
PiecePacks ($6 MSRP, $5 in this campaign) - We heard you and delivered. While our original 50 coin sets have been a huge success, many of you have been asking to purchase small quantities of specific coins from across our various themes without purchasing entire sets. Well, now you can with our new PiecePacks - an affordable, modular offering that let you mix-and-match to your heart's delight! Our five different PiecePacks are:
* 18 tiny (15mm) coins from any one theme
* 15 small (20mm) coins from any one theme
* 12 medium (25mm) coins from any one theme
* 9 large (30mm) coins from any one theme
* 6 jumbo (35mm) coins from any one theme
ThemeSets ($30 MSRP, $25 in this campaign) - For those of you that like things preconfigured or just want to make a quick decision, we still also have our famous thematic sets. A ThemeSet includes six PiecePacks: one for each of the five coin types in a thematic set, plus one free additional PiecePack of tiny coins. This will give you enough coins - 78 - and denominations to play a long list of tabletop games with these plug-and-play sets (see our matrices below).
DeluxeCollections ($60 MSRP, $50 in this campaign) - Finally, for those of you seeking the ultimate in numismatic glory, we've created our six DeluxeCollections. Each DeluxeCollection combines the three largest and most luxurious coin types from three different and complementary thematic sets to provide a beautiful integrated set of coinage. DeluxeCollections work just like our ThemeSets in your games, except that you have nine unique pieces of art from three different sets instead of just a single theme. Each DeluxeCollection spans an amazing 12 PiecePacks and provides 117 big and beautiful coins:
* 72 medium coins, 24 from each of three themes (6 medium PiecePacks)
* 27 large coins, 9 from each of three themes (3 large PiecePacks)
* 18 jumbo coins, 6 from each of three themes (3 jumbo PiecePacks)
BillBundles ($6 MSRP, $5 in this campaign) - Now unlocked via stretch goals, we're also offering paper money along with our coins. The Best Damn Paper Money ever features beautiful ultra-premium gaming money printed on thick luxurious cardstock. Each BillBundle contains 60 total bills of varying denominations including:
- 20 One Dollar Bills
- 10 Five Dollar Bills
- 10 Ten Dollar Bills
- 10 Twenty Dollar Bills
- 10 Fifty Dollar Bills
To keep it simple, we’re treating each BillBundle as equivalent to one PiecePack of the coins for pledging purposes. Pledge $5 and you can get a PiecePack of coins or one BillBundle. Pledge $25 for a 6-pack theme reward and you can get 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 BillBundles along with your coin PiecePacks as long as the total is 6 items. For example, pick 2 BillBundles and 4 PiecePacks, 3 BillBundles and 3 coin PiecePacks, etc. A 12-pack collection for $50 lets you pick any combination of 12 PiecePacks or BillBundles. Overpledge at the $50 tier for BillBundles just as you would for PiecePacks.
Famous Presidents BillBundle
Famous Women of History BillBundle
In addition to our seven new sets and now BillBundles, we're also bringing back all of your old favorites for this campaign. You can also order any of our original 13 thematic coin sets below as PiecePacks, ThemePacks, or DeluxeCollections!
Gorgeous, swoon-worthy metal coins to add lovely, tactile art and accessories to your tabletop games. The reasons they are The Best Damn?
1. The right coin for the right theme. We have 20 unique themes created to date and another 20 already planned on the drawing board. We are the finest one-stop-shop of gaming coins for all your gaming delights.
2. Compatible sizes and finishes across sets. All of our sets (except our Pieces of Eight) follow a common format sharing the same five sizes and finishes. This enables you to mix-and-match among themes and, for example, combine coins from our Greek and Roman themes to double the flavor in your ancients games.
3. Balance of usability and beauty. Our sizes and finishes are distinctive enough from each other to never leave any question about which denomination you are using. And, the art on each of the varying sizes was chosen to be lovely and appropriate for that size.
4. Historical themes have historical coin replicas. Many real, old coins were absolutely breathtaking in their design. We leverage this fact: all of our historical sets comprise faithful reproductions of many of the most attractive and important coins in history.
5. Non-denominational. Most of our sets are non-denominational, empowering you to treat the coins as whichever denomination that particular game requires. This offers maximum flexibility in your gaming adventures.
6. Made by gamers, for gamers. We were a game publisher first and a coin publisher second. That means we approach our gaming coins like gamers, with all of our decisions about the coins deeply rooted in making the best possible things for people like us. They can't just look beautiful - they need to play beautifully too.
Our coins are made of zinc and electroplated with a variety of other common metals in order to get their unique finishes.
Our ThemeSets and DeluxeCollections allow you to fully replace all of the money included in a large variety of games.
$40k mystery stretch goal unlocked and revealed - backers choice BillBundle!!! See our latest update:
Shipping costs for this campaign are delightfully simple: for our U.S. backers at the $5 level or above, there is a flat $5 shipping charge no matter how many coins you buy. This way we don’t lose money if you buy just one PiecePack, but otherwise it’s free, baby, free!
For our friends around the rest of the world: shipping rates do funny things when the weight is really heavy. So we’re adopting straightforward shipping costs for you:
$5 level: +$5 shipping
$25 level: +$10 shipping
$50 level: +$15 shipping
Then, if you are outside the US and want to overpledge above the $50 level, the cost to add-on more coins has the shipping cost baked in:
Single PiecePack: $6
Single ThemeSet: $27
Single DeluxeCollection: $53
Our Kickstarter backers will play a big role in helping us decide what future themes to make and the order in which we should release them. By being a backer of this campaign you will have exclusive input into our planning: participating in surveys, providing creative ideas, and ultimately getting the coins you want most. Thank you in advance for your creative energy and inspiration!
As a special "thank you" to our backers, we offer our available inventory of quality tabletop games as add-ons to campaign pledges of $25 or more, at a deep discount. Given how aggressively we are discounting you are limited to only ONE of each game with your pledge. All prices are postage paid; just add the indicated amount to your pledge and it will ship out with your coins next year:
Tesla vs. Edison (MSRP $60): $45 in the U.S., $55 in Canada and the E.U., $65 rest of the world. Read more: http://www.artana.com/games/teslavsedison.html
War Stories Red Storm OR Liberty Road (MSRP $80): $60 in the U.S., $75 in Canada and the E.U., $90 rest of the world. Less than 200 of each game left in print. Read more: http://www.artana.com/games/war-stories.html
The New Science: $35 in the U.S., $45 in Canada and the E.U., $55 rest of the world. Read more: http://www.artana.com/games/the-new-science.html